Cats are resilient, but sometimes we don't realize just how resilient they are until they face challenging situations. Over the years, my cats' resilience and determination have never ceased to amaze me.
Purrseverance is an anthology that will share the stories of how cats have overcome challenging circumstances, in their words.
Do you have a cat who:
- Overcame an illness or injury?
- Survived abandonment on the streets?
- Overcame a traumatic past?
- Came from a hoarding situation?
- Faces life fearlessly despite a disability?
- Learned to trust you after being mistreated?
- Faced another challenging situation and handled it with grace?
What I'm Looking For
Reprints: I will not accept reprints. However, if you significantly rewrite or rework a story you’ve previously written, I will consider those for the anthology. Your story needs to be at least 75% rewritten for consideration.
Payment and Legal Logistics
Why Submit to Purrseverance?
How to Submit Your Story to Purrseverance
- Your complete 2,000-5,000-word story from your cat's perspective. Please provide a title for your story. Remember to write in American English and do not use "cat speak." Please send us your story in a Microsoft Word document.
- Please write a 50-100 bio under your story in the Word document. You may include a link to your blog or website. I will use you bio in the print and digital versions of the anthology. I will also post your bio on the Contributors page here on the Purrseverance blog.
- A head shot of yourself. Your head shot will accompany your bio in the print and digital versions of the anthology. Your head shot will also accompany your bio on the Contributors page on the Purrseverance blog.
- 2-4 photos of the cat in your story.